Dr John Mooney is a Cardiologist, subspecialising in Echocardiology and Cardiac Imaging (Cardiac CT and MRI).
After completing cardiology training, Dr Mooney underwent subspecialty training in advanced cardiac imaging at St Paul’s hospital, Vancouver, Canada in cardiac CT and MRI, including Cardiac CT for structural procedures. Concurrently, he completed a PhD in clinical epidemiology on perioperative myocardial infarction.
Upon return to Australia, he has worked at Manly and the Northern Beaches Hospital, and is currently a staff specialist at Gosford and Wyong Hospitals. His main focus is to expand non invasive Cardiac Imaging on the Central Coast with Cardiac CT, MRI and
Dr Mooney’s interests include:
- Cardiac CT, particularly integrated with chest pain assessment
- Cardiac MRI, including assessment of cardiomyopathies
- Chest pain assessment
- Peri-operative myocardial infarction
- Cardiac CT to support structural heart interventions
- Clinical management of heart failure
- MBBS (Hons) , PhD , FRACP
Gosford Private Consulting Suites
Suite 10/12 Jarrett Street, North Gosford NSW 2250Phone: 4302 6950Fax: 4302 6951