- Vascular Surgery
Dr Saissan Rajendran is a Vascular and Endovascular surgeon who has clinical appointments at Gosford Private Hospital , Concord Repatriation General and Sydney Adventist Hospitals.
Dr Rajendran believes in collaborative care, in which a multidisciplinary approach involving strong communication and partnerships between all involved medical professionals will optimise patient outcomes. His aim is to consistently provide his patients with a more efficient, accessible and personalised experience.
On completion of his surgical training, he was accepted for two specialised endovascular fellowships. The first was at St. George’s University NHS Hospital in London where he gained expertise from eminent vascular surgeons Professor Peter Holt and Professor Ian Loftus in the treatment of complex vascular disease and in performing minimally invasive ‘keyhole’ vascular procedures. His second fellowship was at Policlinico Abano Terme Hospital in Padua, Italy, under the tutelage of Professor Marco Manzi, who is at the forefront of lower limb endovascular revascularisation techniques.
Now back in Australia, he utilises the skills obtained abroad to provide high quality vascular care for his patients. He is committed in performing the right operation safely and in the least invasive way possible.
– Endovascular and surgical management of aortic, peripheral and visceral aneurysms
– Endovascular, open and hybrid management of complex peripheral artery disease
– Diabetic foot disease infections and vascular complications
– Carotid endarterectomy surgery
– Minimally invasive endovenous varicose vein surgery
– Vascular access including fistula creation and maintenance and vascular access for chemotherapy
– Venous and arterial compression syndromes
- MBBS, GDAAD, MS (Vasc), FRACS (Vasc), DDU