- Vascular Surgery
Dr Mayo Theivendran is an Australian trained Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon with a dual Fellowship with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in General Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
Mayo has clinical appointments at The Northern Beaches Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital, Sydney Adventist Hospital and Gosford Private Hospital. He is able to care for public and private patients from the Central Coast.
Mayo grew up in Melbourne to migrant parents from Sri Lanka and attended Ivanhoe Grammar School in Melbourne. He obtained his medical degree at Monash University and completed his internship at The Austin Hospital. Mayo completed Specialist Surgical Training in General Surgery and obtained his Fellowship in General Surgery in 2012.
He was challenged by Vascular Surgery and undertook further four years of Fellowship training in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery in Auckland City Hospital, St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital Sydney and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Sydney. He obtained his Fellowship in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery and worked as a Consultant Vascular and Transplant Surgeon at Austin, Northern and Epworth Health in Melbourne before moving back to Sydney.
His special interests include:
– Open surgical and Endovascular management of aortic, peripheral and visceral arterial aneurysms
– Endovascular, open and hybrid management of complex aortic and peripheral occlusive disease including angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy and retrograde recanalization of chronic total occlusive disease.
– Diabetic foot infections and vascular complications
– Carotid endarterectomy surgery
– Open, minimally invasive endovenous and sclerotherapy varicose vein surgery
– Mesenteric and renal arterial ischaemia
– Venous and arterial compression syndromes
– Dialysis fistula creation and maintenance
– Arterial and Venous thrombosis management
Mayo offers discounts to pension card holders and offers ‘no gap’ surgery to private patients. Mayo also bulk bills vascular duplex imaging which is performed on the same day prior to the consultation to minimise inconvenience to the patient.
Information Sheets for General Practitioners and Specialists;
- MBBS FRACS FLTLT