- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr Bateman is an accredited Australian Orthopaedic Association Surgeon who is highly regarded in his sub-specialties of the Knee, Shoulder and as well as a Limb Salvage Trauma Reconstruction Surgeon.
He specialises in the subvastus minimally invasive knee replacement and other muscle - preserving approaches to the shoulder and elbow which reduce rehabilitation time.
Regarded an expert in his field, Dr Bateman has been invited to speak at a number of national and international orthopaedic events and has published innovative papers on topics including, but not limited to:
- Arthroscopic assisted hemicap insertion for Engaging Hill Sachs Lesion
- Patella Osteotomy: a new approach for complex trauma around the knee
- Determining rotational deformity in broken forearms.
Dr Bateman is also renowned for instructional DVDs and online presentations on advanced techniques in shoulder and elbow trauma approaches.
Dr Bateman completed his medical degree at Sydney University and is a proud member of:
- The Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Australian Shoulder and Elbow Society
- The Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association
- Australasian Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society
- International Faculty Member for Shoulder/Elbow Trauma
Dr Bateman is part of the Coastal Orthopaedics and Sports Injuries (COSI) team.
- FRACS , MBBS
Coastal Orthopaedics and Sports Injuries (COSI)
Gosford Private Hospital, Burrabil Avenue, North Gosford NSW 2250Phone: 02 4323 1122